Students from Years 7 to 12 of Defence Service families have the support of a Defence School Mentor who is located at the College.
The Defence School Mentor provides programs and services to support the individual needs of Defence students. These include:
- Welcoming new families and students to our College and supporting their integration into the College community.
- Providing support to students during parental absences.
Organisingregular social events for students.
- Excursions for students that encourage leadership, initiative
andteamwork. These excursions are often combined with other ACT schools which run a Defence School Mentor program this allows students to socialiseacross the broader ACT Defence community.
- Coordinating the whole school ANZAC Day Ceremony and Remembrance Day activities. Also providing opportunities for students to represent the College at local external ceremonies.
- Providing the Pastoral Care team and teachers support and information to assist defence students.
For more information contact:
Phone: 02 6260 9411