We are looking forward to a positive and purposeful year focussed on student learning and growth. I would particularly like to welcome our new students and their families. We are looking forward to getting to know you and providing a spirited learning community for you to flourish in.
We have had a sensational start to the term. It has been smooth on all accounts. Reports from across all Year levels and House groups suggest the girls are happy to be back, have settled and are certainly showing enthusiasm and energy. There is a great sense of excitement and joy amongst and within the community.
College Leadership Team
Leadership at St Clare’s is a team approach that is founded on collaboration, collegiality
- Principal – Brad Cooney
- Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Assessment – Dearne Marrapodi
- Assistant Principal, Pastoral Care
andWellbeing – Natalie Dickie
- Assistant Principal Staffing and Administration – Bridget Bandle
- Business Manager- Julie Fitzgerald
New and Returning Staff
We have a number of new and returning staff and it is my pleasure to warmly welcome our new staff. Our new staff will bring with them energy, enthusiasm, a love of learning and a wealth of expertise and experience.
- Sandra Fernie – Teacher of SOSE
- Jessica Higgins – Teacher of English
- Marie Lancaster – Teacher of Languages
- Sarah Sheldrick – Teacher of Science and Mathematics
- Carla Weijers – Teacher of Drama and Dance
- Jodie Hopper – Classroom Support Assistant
- Alexander Gorring – Teacher of Mathematics
- John Reeve – Teacher of SOSE
- Purnima Thankappan – Teacher of Mathematics
- Shefali Khanna – Teacher of Science and Mathematics
We welcome the return of Jessica Campbell and Stephanie Burns.
Opening School Mass
Our Opening College Mass was held on Wednesday 13 February in the College Gymnasium. The Mass was celebrated by Fr Tony Percy and well attended by parents and special guests from our brother and sister schools. It was a most appropriate and divine way to commence our Academic Year. Thank you to our Mission and Ministry Coordinator, Marie Manning, who captured the spirit of our beautiful community. Many thanks also to Margot Baker, the choir, the musicians and all who were involved in the preparation and organisation of this service. Thank you to Fr Tony who makes these celebrations very special for us.
Our Liturgical theme for 2019 was launched at our Opening Mass and comes from the Book of Esther in the Old Testament: “Perhaps you were born for a time such as this” Esther (4:14). This is a particular call to action for our staff and students as we enter the Year of A place to call Home: Making a place for everyone in our Land which is the Australian Bishops Social Justice theme for 2019
Our College Leaders, comprising of our College Captains and our House Captains were commissioned at the Opening Mass and we pray for them as they undertake their duties for the coming year.