We have a number of new teaching staff beginning at the College in 2018:
- Hannah Bailee – Religious Education
- Reverend Vince Barclay – Religious Education
- Meredith Barnes – English and Studies of Society and the Environment
- Elle Boller – Year 9 Coordinator
- Beth Bright – Mathematics Coordinator
- Sonia Conte – Languages and Studies of Society and the Environment
- Camille Corson – Science
- Angela Crompton – Science
- Simone Esposito – English and Studies of Society and the Environment
- Anna Hayes – Mathematics
- Brooke Hogan – English
- Helen Ison – Science
- Renee MacDonald – Year 7 Coordinator
- Kai Mohell – VET/Careers Coordinator
- Lindsay O’Donoghue – Mathematics
- Rhiannon Richards – Languages
- Ellie Rowland – Food Technology and Technologies
- Anne Rynne – Studies of Society and the Environment
- Kate Wiseman Taylor – Textiles and Fashion Technologies
- Nathan Tyler – Studies of Society and the Environment Coordinator
We also welcome the following support staff to roles within the College:
- Abbey Forbes – Learning Support Assistant
- Kiri Milnes – Curriculum Support Officer
- Anna Morris – Art and Technologies Assistant
- Kristy Mohell – Learning Commons/Library Technician
- Gerard Wynter – Learning Commons/Library Technician
Many of our new staff have worked in Girls’ education for a number of years interstate and here in the Australian Capital Territory and bring with them extensive experience in their respective fields of study and a great richness to their teaching and relationship building with our students. Our Year 12 students have commenced their final year at school, and our Year 7 students have begun their journey at St Clare’s College as secondary students. Regardless of year level, the learning program at St Clare’s College is rigorous and focussed on a growth mindset. Our Liturgical theme for 2018 is from Philippians (4:13), I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This is particularly appropriate in 2018, as we embark on the Year of Youth.
Our Opening Mass on Tuesday 13 February was well attended by parents and staff from our brother and sister schools. We welcomed Fr Warick Tonkin back to the College as Chaplain. Fr Tonkin was College Chaplain thirty one years ago so it is indeed a great delight to have Fr Tonkin back working with us.
Congratulations to the Year 12 students, Class of 2017 on their final school results. Academically they achieved outstanding results.
All students (132) in the group were awarded an ACT Senior Secondary Certificate. 102 students were awarded with a Tertiary Entrance Statement. Our median ATAR was 74.50, the highest it has been in the last three years. We had 14 students achieve an ATAR greater than 90 and 32.4% of the cohort received an ATAR of greater than 80 which affords entry into most university courses in Australia.
We have a new timetable in operation this year which includes time for a daily pastoral care session.
I look forward to working with our students and parents over the course of Term 1.